Lundy Law Personal Injury Lawyers Logo
Injured? Tap here for a free consultation

Do I Have to Treat with a Company Doctor?

After a work injury, the first thing you need to do is to report the injury to your employer and then seek medical attention. But what do you do if your company says you have to see a certain doctor?

You may be concerned that the doctor recommended by your company may not have your best interest at heart, but will rush you through treatment in order to reduce the workers’ compensation costs for your company.

It is important to understand that you may not have to use the company doctor to treat you for your workplace injury.

Different Laws by State

Workers’ compensation laws vary by state, even though the requirement to provide workers’ comp to employees is a federal mandate. The laws can be different regarding how long you are able to collect lost wages, how medical payments are paid and whether or not you are able to see the doctor of your choice after a work injury.

State Laws on Medical Treatment

Seek Advice of an Attorney

After a work injury, contact our attorneys who are experienced in workers’ comp claims is your best option to be sure you receive all the benefits you are entitled to under the law. Although you do not need an attorney to file a claim, a lawyer can work with the workers’ comp insurance company so you can concentrate on healing from your injury.

Hiring an attorney does not mean you are filing a lawsuit against your employer. In fact, in Pennsylvania, you may not be able to file a lawsuit against your employer for a workplace injury. An attorney will simply take care of the details with the workers’ comp company and guide you in what steps to take to get what you are entitled to under the law.

If you or a loved one have suffered a work injury, contact Lundy Law today to learn what rights you may have. Our experienced Workers’ Compensation attorneys can work with the insurance company, taking care of the details, while you concentrate on healing from our injury. Simply complete the online form on our website or call us at 1-800-Lundy Law to learn what your next steps should be.

Contact Us

Free Consultation Form

How Can We Represent You?(Required)
Select one of the options above that closest matches your case.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.