Lundy Law is seeking a highly motivated Paralegal to join our Personal Injury Practice.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist the attorney(s) by performing investigative work and
research to support legal actions and proceedings.
The ideal candidate will be interested in multi-tasking and taking on additional responsibilities as the firm continues to grow.
We are looking for highly-committed, responsible individuals who are ready to take on a growing and changing role!
Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team in this fast paced environment, be able to work with
minimal guidance, and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks.
It is of the utmost importance that the Paralegal exhibits patience, respect and understanding while dealing with all of our clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials of these functions.
- Assist attorney(s) in the preparation and drafting of legal documents, briefs, pleadings and discovery requests
- Schedule depositions, type correspondence, file pleadings, answer and request discovery, request medical bills and records
- Transcribe attorney dictation with regard to case files
- Communicate with clients and doctors
- Organize transportation and travel arrangements for clients
- Receive, screen, and direct incoming calls
- Maintain appointment and court appearance calendars
- Receive notice of court dates and schedule them in the appropriate calendar to then prepare documents
- Manage and maintain all files
- Locate and arrange witnesses and interpreters for court appearances
- Respond to questions from involved parties relating to court procedures, case dispositions, etc.
- Keep informed of new rules, regulations, and legislation
- Maintain accurate follow-up system to review cases when appropriate
- We anticipate that this position will grow and encompass additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Superior communication skills that relay empathy and compassion towards potential clients while maintaining professionalism
- Experience in high-volume customer service
- Ability to prioritize and schedule the day effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- High attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience with Needles, Litify or case management software programs.
- This is an immediately available Full Time position: Monday – Friday.
Preferred hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Negotiable, based on education & experience. Please send salary requirements.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation/personal and sick time.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- All employees working in office are vaccinated
CAREERS AT LUNDY LAW
By clicking the “Submit Form” button, I hereby affirm that the information provided on this agreement is accurate.