Harrisburg PA Car Accident Lawyer
Harrisburg Car Accident Lawyer
Your Right to Fair Compensation is Our Personal Fight!
Car Accidents happen in an instant, but often leave an impact that lasts forever. No matter how safe we drive, one moment of negligence and carelessness from another driver can alter our dreams and our lifelong reality. If you or any of your loved ones have ever been involved in a car accident, you know that these accidents can cause serious physical injuries and mental anguish:
- Physical Pain – Victims often deal with debilitating pain from the injuries caused by an accident and the full extent of the damage, can take days, weeks or months to fully evaluate.
- Financial Distress – After a car accident, moderate to severe injuries often require several months of expensive medical treatments, testing andeven surgeries for recovery. Even with health insurance, the copays add up and many specialists do not accept health insurance which creates a significant financial burden. This extensive and prolonged medical care can lead to an inability to work resulting in loss of income, affecting not only the injured car accident victim but also their loved ones
- Mental and Emotional Suffering – With the physical agony, mounting medical bills, loss of income impacting the entire household and, in some cases, wrongful death of a loved one, car accident victims find their mental health to be significantly impacted from these events.
Unable to navigate through this unpredictable and harsh new reality in their lives, the first emotion that a car accident victim is faced with is “Confusion”. In this state of confusion and subsequent desperation, they often make mistakes that destroy their chances of a fair and deserving compensation. The best way to protect yourself and your interests is to contact a lawyer immediately to avoid any mistakes that could be made while dealing with the aftermath of a car accident.
Lundy Law are the Harrisburg Car Accident Experts
At Lundy Law…
- For over 70 years, we have seen thousands of lives change as a result of being involved in a minor to a fatal car accident. Our Harrisburg car accident attorneys fight for our clients until they achieve success, helping our clients move forward with their lives after this traumatic event that may have put their lives on hold.
- We help you navigate the legal intricacies of personal injury law, so you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Our long-standing and consistent track record of reliability and success with our clients, has earned us recognition as Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, as well as feats in US News, and World Report’s Best Law Firms.
- Your Right to a fair compensation is Our Personal Fight!
Harrisburg Car Accident Resources
To quickly access the resources on any section of this page, click the appropriate link below.
Emergency Rooms in Harrisburg
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Address: 111 S Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 782-5256
Address: 4300 Londonderry Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17109
Patient First – Colonial Park
Address: 5125 Jonestown Road, Suite 105
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 943-1566
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Trauma Survivors Network (TSN)
Choose Lundy Law for Your Harrisburg Car Accident Case
Our Expertise is Your Power!
A majority of the car accident victims are not prepared to utilize the protections of personal injury law. They are often unaware that:
- It is free to contact Lundy Law and have your claim evaluated. Lundy Law does not charge lawyers’ fees ahead of time and will only receive money if and when your case resolves.
- An auto accident compensation claim is not a straightforward or a linear process.
- There are many legal nuances to a personal injury compensation claim arising due to a car accident.
- Car accident victims, who are common people with no background in insurance claims or personal injury law, have no way of knowing these legal intricacies that are crucial to support their claim in an auto accident personal injury.
- Unfortunately, insurance companies are aware of this lack of knowledge on part of the car accident victims and are perpetually benefiting from it.
- The lack of information and knowledge can prove to be very costly for a car accident compensation claimant.
- The insurance company’s job is to pay as little as possible on personal injury claims.
- A personal injury attorney’s job is to recover the best possible recovery for car accident victims.
- An already confused, physically, mentally, and financially distressed car accident victim, ends up accepting the first settlement offer that is put forth by the defendant’s insurance provider.
- This in almost every single instance, is guaranteed to be a significantly lower amount than what you deserve and should be paid based on your injuries, physical, emotional, and financial damages and losses.
At Lundy Law, our expert team of Harrisburg auto accident attorneys have collected over one billion dollars in settlements and successful verdicts for our clients! This is a testament to the fact that with Lundy Lawadvocating for your rights after a car accident, your chances of getting a highest possible value of settlement offer or verdict is almost guaranteed.
How Will an Attorney Help with a Car Accident Claim?
Lundy Law is your Legal Lift! We carry you through the legal battle, while you solely focus on your recovery
Auto accident victims are often confused not knowing where to begin, and have all these questions:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- The at-fault driver does not have auto insurance. Who can I seek compensation from?
- I have not been able to work since my car accident. Can I be compensated for the lost income?
- What does my auto insurance policy coverage offer in this personal injury claim, that was caused by another driver’s negligence?
- What proof, documents and information are important to support my car accident compensation claim? And who do I contact to gather this information?
- The other driver’s auto insurance provider wants me to record a statement, what does this mean?
- Should I accept the settlement offered by the at-fault driver’s car insurance provider?
- The other party’s insurance adjuster has sent me a set of documents and wants me to sign them. Who can help me understand these documents? Should I sign these?
- When I get medical treatment, who will be responsible for paying the expensive medical bills?
These are just a few of the many questions that could be causing you overwhelming stress. The bright side is that there is one singular answer to it all – Lundy Law and our experienced team of Harrisburg car accident personal injury lawyers! Our car accident attorneys attend to every client with the utmost compassion and respect, and this means, YOUou are important to us!
When you contact us
We offer you a free consultation, and in this session, we will discuss all the important information related to your case such as:
- Details about the car accident – When , where and how?
- Your auto and medical insurance details
- Details about the personal injuries you have suffered
- Loss of income due to the auto accident etc.
- What to do about property damage to your car
Every car accident case is different and has its unique challenges. Therefore, our expert Harrisburg car accident attorneys will evaluate your case individually and curate a legal plan that is customized to gain you the maximum compensation, based on the facts and complexities involved in your individual auto accident.
When you hire us
When you hire one of our award-winning Harrisburg car accident attorneys, as your legal representative in your auto accident case, we.
- Conduct investigations, identify all liable parties and gather evidence against them.
- Obtain all crucial details related to the accident like the police report, accident file, photographs etc.
- Request and obtain all the hospital records, medical bills and treatment history related to the car accident.
- Become the primary contact point for all communication, with all the insurance companies involved.
- Make sure to have all your PIP (Personal Injury Protection) benefits paid by your own insurance company.
- Defend your rights and claim if the insurance company blames you for the accident.
- Consult top experts and specialists to help evaluate our case and establish the true value of your personal injury claim, including loss of wages, long term financial needs and medical care.
- Sue all the responsible parties to seek personalseek a personal injury compensation on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to get a higher settlement, even if it means fighting them in the court.
How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney in Harrisburg Cost?
You Pay ONLY when We Succeed!
This means that in addition to the free initial consultation, hiring our experienced Harrisburg car accident lawyers to legally represent you in your auto accident compensation claim, will cost you absolutely nothing upfront.
We are so confident in our expertise to achieve a successful outcome for every client, that we bear all the upfront costs, risks and expenses associated with your case such as:
- Court and Filing Fees
- Costs related to obtaining records like police and accident reports, hospital records, medical bills etc.
- Expenses related to hiring experts and conducting investigations
These costs are reimbursed to us, and our attorneys get paid only when we win you a favorable settlement amount. We work on a contingency fee arrangement, that is paid only after we win your case and when the recovery is made to you first.
So, there is absolutely no risk in seeking assistance from us!
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Car accidents can be caused due to a singular one or a combination of factors leading to the life altering incident. Investigating the cause of the car accident and identifying the liable parties is key in seeking a fair compensation for the damages.
Therefore, it is crucial for accident victims to sign up withhire our Harrisburg car accident attorneys who are industry experts with experienced insights. We have represented and fought for thousands of car accident victims for over 70 yearsseveral decades.
Some of the most common causes of auto accidents in Harrisburg are listed below:
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs (including prescription drugs) remains the leading cause of most fatalities caused in car accidents, according to Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
- Road Rage, Reckless and Aggressive driving behavior like driving over speeding, tailgating, sudden lane changes and slamming sudden breaks.
- Distracted drivers behind the wheels continue to be one of the most common and leading causes of car accidents. Distractions that cause accidents while driving include speaking on cell phonesover the mobile phone, texting, eating, adjusting music or temperature controls, checking GPS, children in the car, reading and even grooming behind the wheel.
- Driving while fatigued or without getting proper sleep.
- Rideshare drivers who are unfamiliar with the area and making sudden stops.
- Driving a poorly maintained vehicle or with defective parts.
- Teenage drivers lacking experience and control while driving.
- Elderly drivers with poor eyesight or poor health who may be confused while driving.
- Noncompliance of traffic laws, like jumping traffic lights, failure to yield the right-of-way, ignoring stop signs, no entry and other signage, driving on the wrong way of the street, exceeding speed limits etc. can all lead to severe injuries in an accident.
- Construction zones, which can be confusing to drivers if improperly marked.
- Potholes, as well as debris and other obstructions in the middle of a road.
- Tire blowouts, which can cause a driver to swerve unexpectedly.
- Animal crossings, especially deer.
Vehicle Accidents in Harrisburg Often Result in Severe Injuries
Injuries sustained in car accidents can range from mild to severe and in some cases even fatal. The severity of the injury depends on various aspects, like the type of vehicles involved in the car accident, the speed of the collision, age and overall health of the parties involved in the car accident as well as factors such as seat belts and air bags.
Most common injuries caused in a car accident include:
- Head injuries – Depending on the force of the impact, head injuries caused in a car accident can range from mild concussions to more severe Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Back, Neck and Spinal Cord injuries – From herniated and bulging discs to spinal cord damage, causing paralysis and long-term disabilities
- Nerve Damage- numbness and tingling in the harms, hands, legs and feet can be caused by neck and back injuries.
- Chest injuries – Airbag deployment and impact with the steering wheel can cause serious chest injuries like fractured rib, sternum, and damage to the internal organs
- Fractures – Broken bones and fractures are most common injuries in an auto accident, and can happen to any part of the body
- Internal Injuries – Trauma to the internal organs like kidney, liver and spleen can happen due to a high impact collision or penetration of the sharp objects
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Torn ligaments, tendons and muscle injuries of the shoulder, hip and knee, are far too common injuries in a car accident
- Burns and Disfigurement
- Amputation and Loss of Limbs
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Deadline to File a Harrisburg Car Accident Claim
In the state of Pennsylvania, the deadline to file a personal injury claim afterafrer in a car accident is governed by the Statuteby Statute of Limitations. Statute of Limitations or SOL, is a legal time limit within which a lawsuit should be filed. The SOL to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for personal injury and damages in a Harrisburg auto accident is 2 years from the datefrom date of the accident.
This timeline is extremely critical, and it is crucial for car accident victims to act within this time frame; or they can lose the opportunity to seek any compensation for the personal injury and damages resulting from the car accident.
Although the statute of limitations is 2 years, our expert Harrisburg car accident attorneys at Lundy Law strongly advise all auto accident victims to take immediate action and seek legal advice as soon as possible. The delay and lack of guidance in the process can lead to interrupted medical treatment, weaken the evidence, and diminish the victim’s chances of receiving a fair compensation.
Compensation Available for a Harrisburg Car Accident Case
In today’s day and age, with Artificial Intelligence and digital algorithms prominent in every industry, people are accustomed to receiving an instant, prompt-to-text response. As advanced as it may appear, a one-size-fits-all format of evaluation cannot be applied when dealing with human lives involved in a car accident.
No two accidents are the same, and there is no set formula or algorithm to establish the amount of settlement and type of compensation a specific car accident case can receive. It takes experienced and highly trained personal injury attorneys, like those at Lundy Law, to skillfully analyze the facts, evaluate the damages, and explore every avenue of potential liability in a case. This can to ensure that our clients receive the maximum value in compensation forin theira car accident case.
Compensation in a car accident can primarily be classified into 2 categories as listed below
Economic Damages – Meant to compensate you for the financial loss the injury has caused. These covers
- The medical expenses incurred to treat the injury caused by the auto accident.
- Loss of income resulting from the claimant’s inability to work, because of the injuries sustained in the car accident.
- Long-term medical care required and the associated expenses
- Medical equipment and assistive devices
Non-economic Damages – A much broader category of damages covering aspects that are more subjective and that you cannot put a price tag on
- Compensation for pain and suffering incurred during the accident and its aftermath
- Loss of affection and companionship due to injuries, both physical and psychological
- Compensation for the emotional distress caused by the accident and the medical treatment it requires
There is a thirdis third category of compensation called Punitive Damages. Contact us to have the facts of your individual case evaluated by our expert auto accident attorneys.
Who is Liable in a Harrisburg Car Accident?
When seeking compensation in an auto accident claim in Harrisburg, it is crucial to identify the parties responsible to pay the damages. This is a very complicated and challenging process and is almost impossible to maneuver without knowledge of personal injury law, and the help of our expert Harrisburg car accident attorneys at Lundy Law.
Every car accident is different and depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, the parties that can be held liable for the damages can be one or many.
At Lundy Law, our award-winning Harrisburg car accident attorneys have walked this path for decades and can navigate this process for you with ease and confidence.
We evaluate each case and the surrounding circumstances in detail, including appointing experts, when necessary, to identify all parties liable to maximize the value of your claim.
Parties that can be held liable in an auto accident are:
- At-Fault Driver – Majority of car accidents in Harrisburg occur due to the fault of another driver, making them primarily responsible and liable for the damages. This could be due to their negligence, reckless and aggressive driving, driving under influence, distracted driving etc.
- Employers – If the vehicle driven by the at-fault driver is owned by an employer, the employer could be held liable in a car accident
- Vehicle Manufacturers – Automobile manufacturers can be held liable for accidents that are caused due to faulty vehicle designs or defective parts such as brakes, tires, airbags etc.
- Government – Accidents can occur due poor road conditions, road constructions, inadequate traffic signage. In such cases, the responsible government entity can be held liable when seeking compensation for the damages.
Tips for Dealing With a Car Insurance Claims Adjuster
The number one tip is to let the experts at Lundy Law speak to the insurance company for you!
Let us first understand who an “Insurance Claims Adjuster” is and what is their primary role in an insurance claim:
- An “Insurance Claims Adjuster” as the name suggests is a person employed by the insurance company, to “adjust” your insurance claims (in this case a car accident insurance claim).
- Their core objective is to profit the insurance company by minimizing the money paid out in settlements.
- This means, their primary KPI, or Key Performance Indicator, is to actively seek ways to settle claims for as low as possible or deny them all together.
- They do this by conducting investigations into an open insurance claim, prepare a report of their findings, and decide to either settle a claim or decline it.
Now that we understand their primary objective, here are a few tips to deal with an insurance claims adjuster.
- Be careful with your words and Remember!
- Insurance adjusters are NOT on your side and will use your words against you and your interests.
- They often disguise their inquiries under the garb of learning the facts, but what they are essentially doing is trying to get you to say or admit to something that they can use against you.
- Be neutral with your statements. Do not admit fault (even if you think you are responsible), Do not assume anything and if you feel uncomfortable answering a question or simply do not know the right response, Don’t Answer it!
- Settlements are Forever
- Insurance adjusters are trained negotiators and will work overtime to frame your claim into the lowest value possible.
- Once you agree and sign a settlement, there is no going back, even if future medical needs and expenses arise from the same incident.
- Don’t miss out on future medical needs or long-term lost income by signing a settlement agreement too soon.
- Appoint a personal injury lawyer
- Experienced car accident lawyers, such as ourselves, are insurance adjuster’s worst enemies.
- By yourself, you are an inexperienced (and likely traumatized) client who they can persuade with their conniving tactics into accepting a lowball settlement.
- With a skilled Harrisburg car accident attorney by your side, they are up against an opponent whose experience and skills are far superior to theirs, and who they know will do what it takes to make sure your interests are protected.
Therefore, if you have been involved in a car accident in Harrisburg, contact our expert car accident lawyers and we will handle every part of your insurance claim for you, and that includes dealing with the adjuster.
If the insurance company tries to contact you, just direct them to contact your attorney at Lundy Law.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Car accidents are unpredictable, and it is natural for car accident victims to be confused and overwhelmed when met with an accident.
One key thing to remember is that, in Harrisburg the victim bears the burden of proof and evidence when seeking compensation in a car accident claim. Contact our expert Harrisburg car accident lawyers and take this burden off you.
After a car accident, in addition to contacting a lawyer as soon as possible, you should: ,
- Seek immediate medical attention – This is important for 2 primary reasons.
- Your wellbeing is a priority. Physical injuries caused in a car accident can range from simple bruises to severe debilitating injuries. However, in majority of the cases, the car accident victims will not know the extent of the damage or the severity of the injury until many months from the date of accident. Hence, it is extremely important to seek immediate medical attention and have a detailed medical investigation done to establish the extent of the injuries, and any underlying damage or trauma caused due to the auto accident.
- Medical treatment availed by the victim, hospital records and Doctor’s reports, all serve as strong evidence to support a compensation claim seeking damages in a car accident.
- Contact the local police
- State of Pennsylvania law requires you to report an auto accident that results in injury, death, or property damage over $1,000.
- Even if the accident appears minor, we advise you to contact the local police and report the accident.
- Obtaining an official accident report from the police detailing the findings of the accident, the damages, party at-fault, all serves as strong evidence to support your claim in an auto accident compensation claim.
- Document Evidence
- Compensation claim in a car accident is dependent on proving liability and the extent of the damages caused due to the negligence.
- Visually document the incident by taking as many photographs and videos as you can
- Take photos and videos of the physical injuries, the accident site including any obstructions, structures, traffic lights and signage, the property damage i.e., damage to your vehicle as well as the other party’ s vehicle including their license plate.
- Exchange information
- Take the name, contact number, address, license plate and insurance information of the other driver involved in the car accident as well as of the witnesses available.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider
- Contact your insurance provider, report the accident, and open a claim with them without wasting any time.
- Maintain Records
- Keep a file of all medical bills, car repair bills, and other expenses related to the accident to recover damages from the insurance claim later
- Reach out to our expert Harrisburg car accident lawyers for professional assistance.
Call a Harrisburg Car Accident Attorney Immediately
You have questions – We have the answers
If you or loved ones have been involved in a car accident, don’t let it put your life on hold. Move forward with confidence and contact our expert Harrisburg car accident attorneys
For a free consultation – Contact 1-800-LUNDYLAW