June 22, 2020 – Philadelphia, PA
Exciting news for the Philadelphia region. Our area has finally been given a date to move to the green phase of the COVID-19 reopening strategy.
On June 26, suburban counties neighboring Philadelphia will move to the green phase but in Philly we have another week. However, some restrictions will be loosened as part of the yellow phase in the city.
The following businesses may open and social restrictions changed on on June 26:
- Residential swimming pools and private swim clubs
- Zoos (outside only)
- Personal services such as salons, barbers, and spas
- Small indoor social and religious gatherings (up to 25 people)
Beginning Friday, July 3rd Philadelphia will officially move to the green phase. The following changed will be made and businesses open:
- Outdoor group recreational and sports activities for youth and adults
- Gyms and indoor exercise classes
- Schools and colleges
- Libraries and museums
- Indoor shopping malls
- Outdoor performances and small outdoor events (up to 50 people)
- Restaurants with indoor seating (with occupancy restrictions)
It’s important to note that COVID-19 has not gone away and social distancing should still be practiced and masks should still be worn. Be safe!