June 22, 2009
According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, 92% of bicyclists killed in 2007 reportedly weren’t wearing helmets.
It is important for all riders to practice bicycle safety in order to prevent injuries. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends that all riders adhere to the following safety tips:
- Wear a properly fitted helmet.
- Check your biking equipment.
- Wear highly visible colors.
- Avoid riding in the dark.
- Pay attention to traffic.
- Obey traffic laws.