Are you melting in the heat? Spending a fortune on air conditioning? We’ll higher temperatures may to be here to stay, but you don’t have to just sit and sweat. Here are a few tips to help you beat the heat.
1. Arrange strenuous activity for cooler times of day. Yes, that means if you’re vacationing plan to be still during the middle of the day and do your walking in the morning or evening.
2. Just say NO to polyester! Wear light, loose cotton clothing that allows your skin to “breathe”. Put those poly’s in the closet!
3. If you’re going to be in the sun use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher.
4. If you have to work outside, take periodic rest breaks to cool down.
5. Drink water! Yes, H2O, my friends, as much as you can. If you’re exercising or working out doors, at least 3 to 4 quarts per day. Oh, and limit caffeine and alcohol consumption. Nuff said.
For more tips on beating the heat, take a look at this article Women fitness. Men, it’s OK you can look too. — ML