Chuck E. Cheese Recalls Light-up Rings Due To Ingestion Hazard

Parents, nothing against Chuck E. Cheese, but if you’ve taken your kids there recently, then you need to read this.

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, CEC Entertainment, Inc., of Irving, Texas, is voluntarily recalling about 1,100,000 Light-up Rings and 120,000 Star Glasses. If crushed or pulled apart, the plastic casing can break into small pieces and possibly expose the batteries, posing an ingestion hazard to children. If ingested, the batteries may be damaging to either the stomach, intestine, esophagus or nasal mucus membrane.