Imagine hitting the asphalt at more than 65 miles an hour after being struck by a negligent driver who didn’t see your motorcycle. Without the protective steel frame of a car, motorcycle accident victims are at risk for severe and life-threatening injuries.
Motorcycle accident victims are 35 times more likely to die in an accident than those in a passenger vehicle and eight times more likely to be hurt, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Motorcyclists have been unfairly given a negative reputation for being reckless and negligent drivers, making it difficult to defend the rights of motorcycle accident victims.
Fortunately, Lundy Law is staffed with motorcycle accident attorneys that stand up to insurance companies to get victims the compensation they deserve. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, give us a call at (866) 281-8612 or fill out a free online consultation form today.
Serving Throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Delaware
Our injury law firm has offices—not just drop boxes—located in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey to best serve the needs of injured people throughout the Delaware Valley.
If you’ve suffered serious injuries, get serious representation from Lundy Law—we’ll fight for your rights in and out of the court room to make sure you get the money you need for lost wages, medical bills, prescriptions, and pain and suffering.
Just knowing what your auto insurance will cover can be confusing. We’re here to answer your policy questions, too—follow this link to learn more about auto accident insurance. If you’re still unsure if you’re covered, we’ve got your back. Call us at (866) 281-8612 today.
Motorcycle Accident Victims' Rights
After suffering serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, the last thing a victim needs is to be bullied by an insurance company. Dealing with debilitating injuries like spinal cord damage, brain injuries, broken bones, lacerations, and severe bruising is extremely painful and treatment is costly.
Motorcycle accident victims have the same rights as those who were injured in a passenger vehicle. Our motorcycle accident lawyers go head to head with insurance companies that try to deny benefits based on an unfair stereotype and do what it takes to secure the compensation our clients deserve.
We understand how difficult it can be to move forward after a motorcycle accident. Injured and out of work, motorcycle accident victims struggle to cover the costs of medical bills, prescription drugs, rehabilitation, and taking care of a family. That why we’re here. Lundy Law is staffed with serious lawyers who get serious results when you’ve been hurt in an accident.
After Your Motorcycle Accident
Insurance adjustors and insurance companies are committed to profit, not the well-being of motorcycle accident victims. They can make the aftermath of a motorcycle accident difficult to maneuver while they try to undervalue the claim of an accident victim.
These are some tips motorcycle accident victims can use to protect themselves against those who may try to deny them compensation for their injuries.
- Don’t sign anything or give a statement to an insurance adjustor after an accident until you have spoken with the motorcycle accident attorneys at Lundy Law. You may be signing away any rights to future compensation.
- See a doctor immediately. Do not let the insurance adjustor choose a doctor for you. You have a right to the doctor of your choice. Any delay in getting medical care could hurt your case in the long run. Be sure to keep copies of all medical records, prescriptions, and treatments you receive under a physician’s care.
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible. Avoid delays, as it may hurt your case later.
- Keep records in a journal of how you felt after the accident. It may be difficult to remember in front of a jury or insurance adjustor six or seven months later how painful it was just to walk up the stairs or pull on a sweater. Also, keep receipts for household services you needed because of your injuries, like having the lawn mown, laundry done, or food prepared.
- Call Lundy Law. Although motorcyclists have the same rights as car drivers, it can be difficult to defend them. The motorcycle and Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at Lundy Law have experience dealing with insurance adjustors and can protect you against those who would try to undervalue your claim.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware, contact the injury attorneys at Lundy Law and get the compensation you deserve. Our offices are located in Philadelphia, Reading, Blue Bell, Wilmington, Cherry Hill, and Bethlehem. Fill out a free online consultation form or call us at (866) 281-8612 today. Get Serious. Get Lundy.