Before a child is born, parents build hopes and dreams around what they imagine their child will one day become: a graceful dancer, football star, or musical prodigy. Their thoughts can be shattered in an instant, though, should a physician misuse medical equipment, prescribe a harmful drug, misdiagnose a pregnant woman’s condition, or carelessly handle an infant during childbirth.
A birth injury is a serious matter that commands the attention of a serious lawyer. The knowledgeable Philadelphia birth injury lawyers at Lundy Law will fight to hold the doctors responsible for your child’s birth injury accountable for their careless actions.
Birth injuries can cause some of the most lasting and devastating illnesses and conditions. The child injured at birth, along with his parents, must live with the costs of physical therapy and medication, the frustration of discrimination, and the emotional stress of lost dreams and disappointment. If your child has been the victim of an avoidable birth injury accident, get a birth injury lawyer who will stand up for the compensation you deserve.
Serving throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware
Our injury law firm has offices—not just drop boxes—located in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey to best serve the needs of injured people throughout the Delaware Valley.
If you’ve suffered serious injuries, get serious representation from Lundy Law—we’ll fight for your rights in and out of the court room to make sure you get the money you need for lost wages, medical bills, prescriptions, and pain and suffering.
The Most Common Birth Injuries
Birth injuries result from negligent actions performed by doctors during pregnancy or labor. Even if birthing conditions drastically change, physicians are still responsible to uphold the standard of care they promised. The most common birth injuries that result from negligent caregivers include:
- Cerebral Palsy—A complex brain injury that causes physical disability in the development of a child. There is no cure for Cerebral Palsy.
- Erb’s Palsy—A condition that causes paralysis to a child’s arm when the main nerves in the child’s arm and shoulder are damaged during birth.
Steps to Take after a Birth Injury
If at any point you think your healthcare provider failed to adhere to established professional standards, follow the steps below to recover the money you are entitled and the help you need.
- Get a second opinion. Immediately contact another physician to assess your child’s birth injuries. Explain to the doctor how the injuries occurred and be sure to ask what further treatment is necessary for your child.
- Gather information. Obtain a copy of your child’s medical records. Also, write down any medication your child has been prescribed or any treatment he is undergoing.
- Contact an attorney. Call the birth injury lawyers at Lundy Law. With Lundy Law, you won’t have to worry about your child’s future.
Lundy Law is staffed with Philadelphia personal injury lawyers who can ease your legal burdens. Our persistent birth injury attorneys are determined to right your wrong with a favorable settlement. Get Serious. Get Lundy.
If your child has suffered a birth injury in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware, contact the injury attorneys at Lundy Law and get the compensation you deserve. Our offices are located in Philadelphia, Reading, Blue Bell, Wilmington, Cherry Hill, and Bethlehem. Fill out a free online consultation form or call us at (866) 281-8612 today. Get Serious. Get Lundy.